• 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the board
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 Tablespoon baking powder
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
• ¾ cup buttermilk
• round cookie cutter
• Preheat your oven to 450°F.
• Combine the dry ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
• Cut the butter into chunks and add them to the flour. Mix until it resembles course corn meal.
• If using a food processor, just pulse a few times until this consistency is achieved.
• Add the buttermilk and mix just until combined.
• If it appears on the dry side, add a bit more buttermilk.
• Turn the dough out onto a floured board.
• Gently, gently pat the dough out until it’s about 1/2″ thick.
• Place the biscuits on a cookie sheet- if you like soft sides, put them touching each other.
• If you like”crusty” sides, put them about 1 inch apart- these will not rise as high as the biscuits put close together.
• Bake for about 10-12 minutes- the biscuits will be a beautiful light golden brown on top and bottom.
Tip: You can make these biscuits, cut them, put them on cookie sheets and freeze them for up to a month. When you want fresh biscuits, simply place them frozen on the cookie sheet and bake at 450°F for about 20 minutes.