A.K.A. Robot Eye Cookies
• 1 cup softened butter
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup cocoa powder
• 2 cups flour
• 6 tablespoons milk
• Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Sift 1 cup flour into the mixing bowl.
• Stir in 1/3 cup sugar.
• Add 1 stick butter, cup up. Rub the flour, sugar and butter together with your fingertips until the mixture is like breadcrumbs.
• Add a tablespoon of milk to the mixture. Mix everything together with your hands to form a ball of dough.
• Make chocolate shortbread. Sift together 1 cup flour and the cocoa powder. Make the chocolate dough in the same way as the plain dough.
• Divide each ball of dough into three equal pieces.
• Roll a piece of each type of dough into a square 6 inches by 6 inches. Brush the top of each square with milk.
• Put one square on the top of another and roll them up together. Then cut the roll into 16 slices.
• Put the cookies on a cookie sheet.
• Bake the cookies in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they are a pale gold color.
• When the cookies are done, carefully move them from the cookie sheets with a spatula and put on a wire rack to cool.
Tip: Cookies get soggy if they are left out for too long. Store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh and crunchy.
ElenaJanuary 6, 2014 at 11:23 am
Hi this looks really yummy!I really should try something special like this for July Fourth. I’ll add you to my blog sidebar so that I can keep up with your new posts.