• ½ package ready-made puff pastry
• 1 egg
• 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1/3 cup chopped roasted walnuts
• Set the oven to 425 degrees F.
• Grease a cookie sheet with some butter.
• Beat the egg in a cup with a fork.
• Roll out the pastry into a rectangle.
• Brush it with egg and sprinkle on two thirds of the sugar and nuts.
• Fold the short sides of the rectangle into the middle. Brush them with egg and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and nuts.
• Fold the folded edges into the middle. Brush the top with egg.
• Fold the pastry in half to form a roll. Cut it into 16 slices.
• Bake for 10 minutes.
• The pastries are ready when they are crisp and golden brown.
• Once they are baked, take them out of the oven and use a spatula to put them on a wire rack to cool.
Tip: Pastries taste best on the day they are made. You can eat them as soon as they are cool.