•¼ cup sour cream
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
• ¾-1 cup crabmeat, picked
• 2 green onions, sliced thin
• 1 clove garlic, minced (large clove)
• 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• wonton wrappers
•oil (for frying)
• Whip together the sour cream, cream cheese and soy sauce and sugar until smooth.
• Fold in remaining ingredients (except wrappers). Heat oil to med-high and you want it around 1 ½-2 inches deep. • Place a small bowl of water on your work surface and lay out 6 wrappers, and place around 1 ½ teaspoons in the center of each wrapper.
• Moisten edges, bring up corners and pinch together, along with sides – you don’t want filling to float away.
• Place all 6 in the hot oil and repeat process.
• By the time you have the next set of 6 ready to crimp it should be time to turn the rangoons.
• You want them a nice golden color.
• When done remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
• Repeat until done.
BridgetJuly 30, 2012 at 3:12 am