• 4 cups chicken broth, divided
• 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 eggs
• 1 egg yolk
• Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan.
• Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil.
• In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Egg should cook immediately.
• Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.