• 3 TB spoons butter
• 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
• 4 cups water
• 1 cup yellow cornmeal
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• salt, white pepper
• Melt in a large saucepan over medium heat.
• Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 4 minutes.
• Stir 3 cups of water and bring to boil.
• Stir together cornmeal and the rest of the water.
• Gradually stir into the boiling water, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the cornmeal is very thick and leaves the side of the pan as it is stirred, about 25 minutes.
• Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and white pepper.