• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 teaspoon garlic powder
• 3 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 cups chicken broth
• Mix together salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, and cinnamon in a bowl.
• Coat pork with the spice mixture.
• Place the bay leaves in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the pork on top.
• Pour the chicken broth around the sides of the pork, being careful not to rinse off the spice mixture.
• Cover and cook on Low until the pork shreds easily with a fork, about 10 hours.
• Turn the meat after it has cooked for 5 hours.
• When the pork is tender, remove from slow cooker, and shred with two forks. Use cooking liquid as needed to moisten the meat.