• 1 chicken
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• Wash the chicken thoroughly.
• Towel dry it, put it breast side up.
• Making sure that the chicken remains in one piece, use sharp knife and slice down the middle of the breastbone in order to separate the rib cage.
• Turn the chicken over and using a meat tenderizer flatten the chicken nicely.
• Rub the chicken with garlic, salt and pepper.
• Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• Place the chicken, breast side down in a roasting pan.
• Cover the chicken with a sturdy plate or a smaller lid, press it nicely with something heavy, like kitchen weights.
• Roast 30 minutes in the preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F.
• Let stand10 minutes before serving