• 1 lb ground chuck or pork
• 1 cup breadcrumbs
• 1 ½ cup milk
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 1 ½ tsp allspice
• 1 egg
• 2 TB spoons finely chopped onion
• 2 TB spoons butter
• ¼ cup flour
• ¼ cup heavy cream
• 3 cups beef broth
• 1 tsp soy sauce
• Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
• Mix breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl.
• Let stand at least 10 minutes.
• In a skillet over medium heat melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add onion and sweat until onions are soft. For about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
• In the bowl combine the breadcrumbs and milk, ground meat, egg, salt, black pepper, allspice and onions.
• Mix well.
• Using hands, shape walnut size meatballs.
• Heat the remaining butter in the skillet over medium-low heat.
• Add the meatballs and sauté until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
• Remove the meatballs to an ovenproof dish and put in the warmed oven.
• Once the meatballs are cooked, decrease the heat to low and add the flour to the skillet.
• Whisk until lightly browned, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
• Gradually add the beef broth and whisk until sauce begins to thicken.
• Add the cream and soy sauce and continue to cook until the gravy reaches the desired consistency.
• Remove the meatballs from the oven, cover with the gravy and serve.