• 2 ½ lb. potatoes
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
2 ½ TB spoon sea salt
• Preheat the oven to 410°F.
• Peel the potatoes.
• Cut the potatoes into even chunks, about the size of a bite.
• Place them in a saucepan large enough to accommodate them, cover with cold water, and add a teaspoon coarse salt.
• Set over high heat, cover, bring to a low boil, then lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
• As soon as the water boils, pour the oil into a baking sheet, and place it in the oven, so the oil will heat up.
• Drain the and return them to the saucepan.
• Place a lid on the saucepan. Holding the lid firmly shut with both hands shake the saucepan vigorously for a few seconds, until the surface of the potato chunks is fuzzy.
• Remove the baking sheet from the oven, pour the potatoes onto the sheet, sprinkle with sea salt, and stir well to coat with the oil.
• Return to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through, until cooked through.