• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for brushing
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 6 cups all-purpose flour
• Place milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
• Remove from the heat, stir in the butter and sugar and let cool.
• Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit until foamy.
• Combine milk mixture, eggs, yeast, salt, and 1/2 of the flour in a mixer with the dough attachment and mix until smooth.
• Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir until a smooth ball forms.
• Remove from the bowl and knead by hand on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
• Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 60 to 70 minutes.
• On a floured surface, punch down the dough and shape into desired shapes.
• Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover again and let rise until doubled, about 30 to 40 minutes.
• Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
•Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
• Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter before serving.
return man 2November 27, 2012 at 9:00 pm
How to contact you?
OksanaNovember 28, 2012 at 5:32 am
You can always add a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you.