• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 6 slices bacon, diced
• 1 cup thinly sliced onion
• 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
• 2 pounds green beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Set a Dutch oven over medium heat and add the olive oil.
• Once the oil is hot, add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is well browned, about 5 minutes.
• Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
• Add the green beans and toss to combine with the bacon and onions.
• Increase the heat to medium high and add the chicken stock.
• As soon as the stock begins to boil, place the lid on the pan and cook the beans for about 6 minutes.
• Remove the lid, season the beans with the salt and pepper, and toss well.
• Replace the lid and cook until the beans are tender, 1 or 2 minutes longer.
• Remove from the heat and transfer the beans to a serving dish or small platter.