• 1/3 cup buckwheat
• 4 cups hot milk
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 Tablespoon butter
• Preheat your oven to 250°F.
• Even if grain looks clean it is still good idea to take a look at it more close and remove seed shells or weed which sometimes can happen in the grains. For that pour a bit of buckwheat on the table so you can arrange it in a thin layer and then remove everything which doesn’t look like a buckwheat with your finger.
• Stir together the buckwheat, hot milk, sugar and butter in a bowl.
• Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish and slide it into the preheated oven.
• Bake, uncovered, for 2 hours, stirring about every half an hour.