• 1 (18-ounce) center-cut salmon fillet, about 9 by 4 inches, skinned
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 egg whites
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
• Olive oil, for drizzling
• Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
• Rinse the salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towels.
• Cut the fish in half to make 2 fillets each about 4 by 4 1/2-inches in size. Starting on the longest edge, slice the fillets into 1/2-inch pieces. Lay the widest pieces, from the center, cut side down, and slice in half lengthways so all the pieces are equally about 1/2 by 1/2 by 4 1/2-inches in size.
• Place the flour in a medium bowl and season with the salt and pepper.
• Place the egg whites in another bowl and beat until frothy, about 30 seconds.
• Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a third bowl.
• Coat the salmon pieces in the seasoned flour and pat to remove any excess flour.
• Dip the floured salmon in the egg whites and then into the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the mixture into the fish.
• Place the breaded salmon pieces on a liberally oiled baking sheet.
• Drizzle lightly with the olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.