• 5 egg yolks
• 5 egg whites
• 100 gram of sugar
• 150 gram flour
• 2 teaspoons matcha powder
• 200 gram white chocolate chips
• 100 gram whipped cream
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
• Heat the cream, do not bring to boil.
• Add white chocolate chips and melt them in the cream.
• Add lime juice and mix well.
• Keep in the refrigerator to chill.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Line a baking paper/parchment paper on a greased 10″ x 12″ rectangle pan.
• Beat the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale.
• In another bowl mix flour and match powder.
• Add to the egg yolks ans mix well.
• In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
• Fold the egg whites mixture into the batter.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
To Assemble the Cake:
• Transfer the cake to a piece of parchment paper.
• Spread an even layer of filling onto the cake.
• Roll the cake up from the long end.
• Once it is firmly rolled up, wrap it up with the parchment paper and refrigerate it for at least an hour before serving.
Tip: After cooling the cake for a couple minutes, use a clean tea towel to pre-roll the cake and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then off you go for spreading the filling and rolling the cake nicely. The pre-roll method helps stretch the cake and then can be easily rolled in a round shape. The surface of the cake won’t stick onto the tea towel.