• 2 oranges, scrubbed and roughly chopped (with skin).
• 5 eggs
• 7 oz powdered sugar
• 8 oz ground almond
• 5 TB spoons butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/3 cup powdered sugar
• 150 ml orange juice
• Put the chopped oranges in a small saucepan, discarding any pips.
• Add 1 tbsp water, then cover and cook gently for 30 minutes or until the oranges are soft and excess liquid has evaporated.
• Leave to cool.
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Finely chop the oranges in a food processor or blender, or with a large knife.
• Mix butter with powdered sugar.
• Add to the orange mixture.
• Add eggs and baking powder. Mix well.
• Transfer the mixture to the muffin tins.
• Bake for 30-40 minutes.
• Prepare the syrup:
Mix powdered sugar with the orangew juice.
• Pour the orange juice mixture over the muffins after taking them out of the oven.
• Let the muffins cool.