• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus 3 tablespoons
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 4 cups pan drippings (or see options below the recipe)
• Drain the pan drippings for the roasted turkey through a fine strainer.
• Let sit and then remove any fat from the top of the drippings.
• Add in chicken broth or water to make 4 cups if necessary.
• In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
• Add black pepper.
• Add flour; constantly whisk for about 3 minutes over low heat.
• Slowly add in the 4 cups turkey broth/drippings; whisk constantly over medium-low heat until bubbly and thickened (about 3 minutes).