• 2.5 lb peaches
• 1 lb sugar
• Puree peaches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
• Pour that mixture into a saucepan and stir in sugar.
• Cook this mixture for 30 minutes.
• Spread the mixture out evenly onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
• Let the strip bake/dehydrate for 3 hours in a 170 degree oven, then let it cool.
• Set aside and cool at room temperature; it takes several hours for the fruit to soften up. Note that when you first take the fruit leather out of the oven, the edges will be a bit dry and crispy, but if you allow it to sit out for several hours it softens up nicely.
• Cut with a knife, pizza cutter or scissors into strips, keeping the paper on if desired, then roll the leather into “roll ups”.