• 2 1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
• 1/4 cup warm water
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 TB spoons sugar
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
• 2 cans (8 oz) Almond Paste
• 1/3 cup butter
• 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
• 3 TB spoons cream
• 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
• Sprinkle yeast over warm water and stir to dissolve.
• Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy.
• Combine flour, sugar, and salt in large bowl and stir until blended.
• Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
• Beat eggs and milk until blended.
• Add to dry ingredients with yeast mixture and stir just until everything is moistened.
• Cover bowl with plastic wrap and cover with aluminum foil.
• Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
• Grease two baking sheets and set aside.
• Remove dough from refrigerator and divide in half.
• Sprinkle 1 piece of dough with flour and knead gently 10 to 12 strokes on lightly floured surface.
• Roll out to 18 x 12-inch rectangle.
• Spread half of almond filling in 3-inch strip lengthwise down center of dough.
• Fold 1 long side of dough over filling and fold other side over.
• Pinch edge and ends to seal.
• Place, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet and curve to make oval shape.
• Repeat with remaining dough and almond filling.
• Cover with towels and set aside in warm, draft-free place to rise until light, about 30 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 375° F.
• Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
• Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
To make icing
• Place butter in medium-size saucepan and cook over medium heat until nut brown in color.
• Remove from heat and beat in powdered sugar and cream gradually until blended and smooth.
• Stir in almond extract.
• Frost warm Kringles.