• 2 turkey thighs
• 2 quarts water
• 1 medium onion, halved
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 cup chopped carrots
• 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
• 1/3 cup chopped celery
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• Place the turkey thighs in a pot; add the water, onion, salt and bay leaves. Slowly bring to a boil over low heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
• Strain broth and skim off fat.
• Discard onion and bay leaves.
• Add the carrots, rice, celery and chopped onion; cover and simmer until rice and vegetables are tender ( about 20 minutes).
• Remove turkey from bones; discard bones and cut turkey into bite-size pieces.
• Add turkey to broth; heat through.