• 3 TB spoons oil
• 1 stick butter
• 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
• 1 teaspoon popcorn salt
• Melt butter in a glass measuring cup in the microwave. ”
• Let sit for a few minutes; the butter will separate into 3 layers.
• Skim off the top layer of foam, then slowly pour the clarified butter into a heatproof container; discard the bottom layer of milk solids.
• Heat the oil in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan or pot with a lid set over medium-high heat. • Pour in popcorn kernels and sprinkle salt to lightly cover the layer of kernels.
• Add 2 TB spoons of butter to the pot and cover with the lid.
• As soon as the kernels start to pop, shake the pan back and forth across the burner constantly until the popping slows down.
• As soon as the pops are about 2 seconds apart, remove from the heat and pour into a serving bowl.
• Taste, and season with additional salt or butter if desired
Note: Use 3 tablespoons hot clarified butter for 10 cups popcorn; refrigerate the rest (it’s great for sauteeing).