• 6 russet potatoes
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
•1 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
• Cut potatoes into half-inch thick slices (lengthwise) cut again into 1/2-inch thick fries.
• Place the potatoes into a pot with cold water.
• Bring up to a gentle boil and simmer until a paring knife tip goes through easily, cooked about 3/4 of the way through. (About 6 minutes).
• Drain carefully and put potatoes a bowl.
• Add olive oil, salt and black pepper.
• Toss well and lay out in 1 layer on baking sheet.
• Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.