• 6 firm, ripe pears, peeled and cored
• 1 bottle of dry red wine
• 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute like Swerve
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 4 cloves
• Combine all ingredients, except pears, and bring to a boil.
• Once the wine mixture is boiling, turn heat down to a simmer and add the pears.
• Simmer pears for 10-12 minutes and then turn pears and simmer for an additional 8-10 minutes – until they are tender and are easily poked through with a fork.
• Remove pears and let them cool.
• Boil wine sauce until the liquid has been reduced by half.
• Pour sauce over pears and serve.