• 4 large russet potatoes, sliced about 1/8 inch thick
• 1 large onion, sliced thin
• 4 TB spoons butter
• 2 TB spoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 TB spoon fresh dill, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
•In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, melt butter, add olive oil.
• Add sliced potatoes and onions, cover and fry for 10 minutes.
• Using a spatula, turn the potatoes and onions over so they do not break apart. If potatoes appear too dry, add some additional butter.
• Sprinkle with garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper and continue to fry for another 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to turn slightly brown; turning occasionally.
• Serve hot.