• Dough for a double crust 9-inch pie
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• dash of salt
• 3 1/2 cups peeled, thinly sliced cooking apples
• 1 (16-ounce) jar applesauce
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons butter, chopped into small pieces
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
• Line a 9-inch pie pan with half of dough.
• Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
• Stir in apples, applesauce, and lemon juice. Spoon apple mixture into pie pan and dot with butter.
• Cut remaining crust into strips; arrange in a lattice design over top of pie.
• Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for about 45 minutes, or until crust and topping are golden brown.