• 2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 2 large garlic cloves, minced
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Blanch green beans in a large stock pot of well salted boiling water until bright green in color and tender crisp, roughly 2 minutes.
• Drain and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop from cooking.
• Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
• Add the oil and the butter.
• Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
• Add the beans and continue to saute until coated in the butter and heated through, about 5 minutes.
• Season with salt and pepper.