• 2 eggs
• zest of 1 lemon
• 1 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 pinch ground nutmeg
• 1 pinch of ground white pepper
• 1 pinch of ground cardamom
• In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together eggs and sugar until fluffy.
• Add lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, white pepper, cardamom, flour and baking powder.
• Mix well.
• Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
• Position a rack in the middle of an oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
• Butter 2 baking sheets, scoop up pieces of dough and roll between your palms into balls 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
• Place the balls on the cookie sheets spacing them about 2 inches apart.
• Bake until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom and firm to the touch, about 15-20 minutes.
• Transfer to racks and let cool completely.