• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
•1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
• In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
• Set aside.
• In the large bowl combine the butter and the sugar. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
• Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated.
• Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
• Beat to combine.
• Stir in the dry ingredients.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Spoon the dough (about 2 tablespoons for each cookie) onto the baking sheets.
• Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges.
• Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
• Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
• Spoon about 1/2-teaspoon onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread.
• Let the glaze harden for about 1 hour.