• 9 TB spoons butter
• 7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
• 6 egg yolks
• 6 egg whites
• 5.5 oz sugar
• 6 TB spoons brewed coffee
• Melt butter in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not simmering, water.
• Add chocolate.
• Stir frequently until smooth.
• Meanwhile beat egg yolk with sugar until pale.
• Remove from the heat and let cool a little.
• Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly add to egg yolks.
• Mix well.
• Add coffee and mix.
• Whip the egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
• Fold in half the whites just until incorporated, then fold in the remaining whites.
• Spoon or pipe the mousse into a serving bowl or individual dishes.
• Refrigerate for at least 8 hours. (The mousse can be refrigerated for up to a day.)