• 14 TB spoons cold butter (200 grams)
• 1 TB spoon vodka
• 1/2 cup ice cold water
• 2 cups flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
•Filling (recipe follows)
• Add vodka to 1/2 cup of ice water, add salt and mix well.
• Add the cold butter cubes and work it into the flour with your hands or a pastry cutter. Work it quickly, so the butter doesn’t get too soft, until the mixture is crumbly, like very coarse cornmeal.
• Add the ice water mixture, a little at a time, until the mixture comes together forming a dough.
• Bring the dough together into a ball. When it comes together stop working it otherwise the dough will get over-worked and tough.
• Wrap the dough in plastic and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
• On a floured surface divide the dough in 8 parts.
• Roll each part out into a 10 to 11-inch circle. (It should be paper thin).
• Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
• Prick the circles all over and bake for 8 minutes.
• Place one layer of pastry on a platter and spread with filling (recipe follows).
• Continue stacking, alternating fillings, until 1 layer of pastry remains.
• Frost top and sides with remaining filling.
• Crush remaining pastry layer and cover torte with crumbs.
• Refrigerate over night.
• 14 TB spoons butter (200 grams)
• 1 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
• Beat butter until fluffy, then slowly beat in sweetened condensed milk
• Mix until well blended and smooth.
Note: You can also use Custard as your filling. It is more time consuming but definitely the best filling for the cake.