• 3 kilograms green cabbage, shredded
• 3 carrots, grated
• 1 liter water
• 2 TB spoons salt
• 2 TB spoons sugar
• Bring water, salt and sugar to boil.
• When the mixture starts boiling, turn the heat off and cool the water.
• Mix the cabbage, carrots and salty water.
• Pack cabbage mixture down into a large plastic food container.
• Top with a lid .
• Keep at the room temperature for 3-4 days.
• Stir every day.
• Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Important: Do not use metal containers or spoons, or your sauerkraut will turn black.