• 3 ounces unsalted butter
• 1 small clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup hot sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2.5 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
• Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
•Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.
• Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry.
• Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
• Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
• Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
• While the chicken is roasting, melt the butter in a small bowl along with the garlic.
• Pour this along with hot sauce and salt into a bowl large enough to hold all of the chicken and stir to combine.
• Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to the bowl and toss with the sauce. Serve warm.