• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 (2×1′) piece of ginger, peeled, sliced
• 2.5 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
Ginger- Soy Glaze:
• Bring all ingredients and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve honey.
• Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, 7–8 minutes.
• Strain into a medium bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 5 days ahead. Cover; chill. Rewarm before using.
• Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
•Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.
• Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry.
• Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
• Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
• Turn the wings over and cook another 10 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
• Line another baking sheet with foil.
• Add the wings to ginger-soy glaze and toss to evenly coat.
• Place wings in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake until glaze is glossy and lightly caramelized, 8–10 minutes.