• 4 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 TB spoons lard or shortening
• 1 1/2 cup water
• Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
• Mix in the lard/shortening with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal.
• Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
• Divide the dough into 20 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
• Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla.
• Place into the hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side.
• Place the cooked tortilla in a tortilla warmer; continue rolling and cooking the remaining dough.