Super simple recipe with amazing results!
• 3 lb corned beef brisket, with spice packet
• 12 small red potatoes
• 7 carrots, peeled and sliced in 2 inch chunks
• 2 turnips, peeled and sliced
• 1 parsnip, peeled and sliced in 1 inch chunks
• 1 head cabbage, cut in wedges
• Place corned beef in Dutch oven and cover with water.
• Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef.
• Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
• Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound.
• After one hour of simmering, add cabbage.
• Add whole potatoes, carrots, parsnip, and turnips and cook until the vegetables are almost tender.
• Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
• Place Dutch oven with corned beef in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
• Place vegetables in a bowl and cover.
• Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven) as you want.
• Slice meat across the grain.