• 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the board
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 TB spoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 6 TB spoons unsalted butter, very cold
• 1 cup buttermilk
• Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
• Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
• Cut the butter into chunks and cut into the flour until it resembles course meal.
• Add the buttermilk and mix JUST until combined. (It should be very wet.)
• Turn the dough out onto a floured board.
• Gently, gently PAT (do NOT roll with a rolling pin) the dough out until it’s about 1/2″ thick.
• Fold the dough about 5 times, gently press the dough down to a 1 inch thick.
• Cut out 12 biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter.
• Place the biscuits on a cookie sheet.
• Bake for about 10-12 minutes- the biscuits will be a beautiful light golden brown on top and bottom.
Tip: You can make these biscuits, cut them, put them on cookie sheets and freeze them for up to a month. When you want fresh biscuits, simply place them frozen on the cookie sheet and bake at 450°F for about 20 minutes.