•15 oz ricotta cheese
• 1.5 cups flour, plus for dusting
• 2 eggs
• 3 TB spoons butter, melted
• 2 TB spoons sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 TB spoons butter for frying
• In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese and eggs. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and 3 tablespoons butter.
• Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface.
• Form into a 1 1/2-inch-thick rope.
• Cut rope of dough diagonally into 1-inch pieces. (You can freeze the galushki at this point and cook them as you need).
• Bring 3 qts. of water to a boil.
• Reduce heat.
• Place pierogi in boiling water.
• Boil for 3 minutes stirring gently to prevent sticking.
• Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon.
• In a large skillet melt 2 TB spoons butter.
• Add galushki and saute for 2 minutes until lightly browned.