• 5 bananas
• 12 oz dark chocolate (milk chocolate) chips
• 1 TB spoon shortening
• 30 toothpicks
• Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
• Cut peeled bananas in 1-inch-thick slices.
• Insert toothpick into each slice; place on cookie sheet.
• Freeze 60 minutes.
• In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening on High 30 seconds.
• Stir well; microwave in 15-second increments, stirring well after each, until chocolate is completely melted. (About 2 minutes).
• Remove bananas from freezer.
• Dip each in melted chocolate; return to paper-lined cookie sheet.
• Let stand until chocolate is firm.
• If not serving immediately, return bananas to freezer (Freeze for up to 2 weeks.).
Tip: Chocolate-covered bananas can be garnished with coconut flakes or candy sprinkles.