• 4 Medium sized potatoes
• 2 TB spoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
• 2 TB spoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
• 2 TB spoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 2 oz butter
• 1 teaspoon fresh or a sprinkling of dried rosemary
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 lemon
• 1 TB spoon oil
• Preheat the oven to 325°F
• Peel potatoes, then use peeler to shave off some flesh as needed to give potatoes a smooth, rounded egg shape.
• Cut potatoes crosswise into thin slices, stopping ¼” before cutting all the way through.
• Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and gently press down on them to fan slices in one direction.
• For the garlic topping, chop the rosemary sprigs and garlic finely.
• Grate off the rind of the lemon.
• Mix all the ingredients (including the olive oil) in a bowl.
• Pour the mixture over two of the sliced potatoes doing your best to get it between the potato slices, especially the garlic.
• For the herb seasoning, melt the butter in a pan, add the herbs and stir well.
• Pour the mixture over the top of the remaining two potatoes making sure some of the mixture goes between the slices.
• Place the potatoes in the middle of the oven for around 1 hour 10 minutes. The precise cooking time will depend on the size and type of potatoes. Test to ensure they are cooked through.
• Place them under a hot gill for 3 minutes to crisp up the top.