• 1 leg of lamb
• 1 lb tomatoes
• 1 bunch cilantro
• 1 TB spoon fresh rosemary
• 1 TB spoon fresh thyme
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 TB spoon Kosher salt
• In a blender, puree the tomatoes, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and pepper.
• Using your hands, rub the lamb all over with the tomato mixture.
• Marinate for 24 hours.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• Season the meat with the salt.
• Place the lamb in a roasting pan.
• Place the lamb in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
• Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to cook for about 1 hour longer for medium-rare, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers about 145 degrees F to 150 degrees F (be careful that the thermometer does not touch the bone.)
• Remove lamb from pan and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.