• 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• Preheat oven to 450°F.
• Coat a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
• Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan.
• Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
• Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, chop the mushroom stems and combine with breadcrumbs, Parmesan, oil, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl.
• Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top each cap with about 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture, spreading evenly.
• Return to the oven and roast until the breadcrumbs are browned, about 5 minutes.