• 12 hot banana peppers from a jar with tops removed and chopped
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 cup yellow mustard
• 1 cup white wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 TB spoons all-purpose flour
• In a food processor, puree the peppers, garlic, mustard and vinegar.
• Pour the puree into a nonreactive saucepan, then add the sugar and bring it to a boil over high heat.
• Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
• In a small bowl or juice glass, mix the flour and 1/2 cup water to make a smooth paste.
• Whisk it into the pepper mixture and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until it becomes very thick.
• Let the sauce cool, then pour it into a covered nonreactive container (such as a glass jar).
Tip: The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.