• 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
• 5 cups simmering chicken stock, divided
• 3 TB spoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
• 1 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup mushrooms, sauteed (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven.
• Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente.
• Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt, and pepper, and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy.
• Add the mushrooms and stir until heated through.
• Serve hot.