• 500 gram lamb, finely chopped
• 500 gram onion, finely chopped
• Salt and ground pepper to taste
• Fresh pasta, recipe follows
• In a bowl combine all ingredients, except for the pasta.
• Using the fresh pasta recipe, roll out your dough either by hand or by machine.
• Cut into 3 or 4- inch rounds with a round cookie cutter.
• Place 1 teaspoon into the center of each round.
• Form the manty (see the picture)
• Place the dumplings on top of the lightly oiled steamer disks, leaving a 1/2 inch space between them.
• Set the timer and stem for 45 minutes.
• When dumplings are done turn off the heat and remove all the dumplings immediately.
• Melt some butter and lightly brush dumplings with it.
• 3 cups flour
• 1 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• On a clean surface make a well with the flour.
• In a measuring cup mix water and salt.
• Pour the wet mixture slowly into the flour and mix with your 2 fingers until all of the wet is incorporated.
• Do not force the dough to take all of the flour.