• 2 1/4 cups whipping cream
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 4 tablespoons cranberry juice
• 5 drops red food coloring (optional)
• Bring cream and sugar to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
• Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly, adjusting heat as needed to prevent mixture from boiling over.
• Remove from heat.
• Stir in lemon juice, cranberry juice, and food coloring if using.
• Cool 10 minutes.
• Stir mixture again and divide among six 1/2-cup ramekins or custard cups.
• Cover and chill possets until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.