• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
• In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
• Beat in egg, orange extract and vanilla.
• Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
• Stir in apricots until blended.
• Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
• Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
• Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
• Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
• In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips are melted.
• Dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate, letting excess drip off.
• Place on waxed paper and let stand until chocolate is set, at least 2 hours. (To quickly set chocolate, refrigerate cookies 15 minutes.)
Tip: Store between sheets of Parchment Paper in tightly covered container at room temperature.
This Eclair Recipe from Soviet cookbook for the pastry shops and bakeries is definitely the Best ever! The pastry, and frosting are made completely from scratch and the filling is absolutely delicious!
Today I have for you a homemade vanilla custard recipe, which can be used for a pastry cream for eclairs or Napoleon Torte or enjoyed on its own.
Custard is a variety of culinary preparations, based on cooked mixture of milk and eggs.