• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
• In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
• Beat in egg, orange extract and vanilla.
• Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
• Stir in apricots until blended.
• Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
• Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
• Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
• Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
• In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips are melted.
• Dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate, letting excess drip off.
• Place on waxed paper and let stand until chocolate is set, at least 2 hours. (To quickly set chocolate, refrigerate cookies 15 minutes.)
Tip: Store between sheets of Parchment Paper in tightly covered container at room temperature.