•280 g flour
• 80 g sugar
• 200 g butter
• 100 g ground almonds or hazelnuts
• 6 TB spoons confectioners’ sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
• In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and ground nuts.
• Cut in the butter until the size of small peas and mix in with your hands.
• Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Divide the dough into several parts.
• Roll each section of dough into logs approximately 1/2 inch thick.
• Cut the logs into 1-inch pieces, and bend the pieces into a crescent shape (just like a croissant).
• Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
• Let cool slightly.
• Combine 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla sugar and toss to mix.
• While still warm, carefully remove Vanillekipferl from the baking sheet and dip them in sugar to coat.