• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 pint sour cream
• 1 stick unsalted butter, melted (8 TBsp.)
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
• Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick spray.
• Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
• Combine sour cream, butter, and egg in a separate bowl.
• Stir into dry ingredients just until combined and all flour is incorporated.
• Transfer batter to prepared pan; cut an “X” into the top.
• Bake bread, rotating pan halfway through baking, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
• Cool bread in pan on a rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely before slicing.