• 1 (5-pound) standing rib roast
• 1 TB spoon salt
• 1/4 TB spoon pepper
• 1/4 TB spoon garlic powder
• Mix the spices in a small bowl.
• Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
• Rub roast with spices; place roast on a rack in the pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up.
• Roast for 1 hour.
• Turn off oven.
• Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours.
• About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast.
Important: Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until ready to serve.
|Rib Roast Doneness||Remove from Oven at this Temperature||Final Cooked Temperature|
|Rare||130 to 135°F||130 to 140°F|