• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra for baking dish
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 lb mini pasta shells
• 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
• 1 cup mascarpone cheese
• • 2 cups half-and-half
• 8-10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
• Parmesan cheese, to top (optional)
• Melt butter in a small pan over low heat.
• Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and Mascarpone Cheese.
• Toss to combine.
• Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat.
• Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
• Meanwhile, add the half-and-half to the Mascarpone mixture and bring to a simmer over low heat.
• Simmer until reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
• Pour the sauce over the cooked and drained macaroni and toss gently to coat it.
• Sprinkle over some Parmesan cheese if desired and serve.